Member Obligations & Goals
Obligations and Goals of Naperville Rotary Membership
- 100% attendance is strongly suggested. There are make up opportunities through attending committee meetings, fund raising events and on-line make-ups.
- Fellowship is a great benefit of Rotary; make sure to rotate tables at weekly meetings to interact with all members.
- It is our responsibility as a Rotarian to share the service of Rotary by sponsoring new members exemplifying the ideals of Rotary.
- Make an effort to stay for the full weekly program
- Attend a Naperville Rotary board meeting, second Tuesday of the month 7 am at Egg Harbor Cafe© in Naperville. This is one of the obligations to earn your blue badge.
- Dues/lunches are billed twice yearly, the dues are $400 plus $50 Paul Harris contribution. Please pay dues promptly.
- Our club has 100% participation in the Paul Harris Foundation. Each member supports these humanitarian efforts of Rotary International with the $50 biannual contribution mentioned above.
- Select a committee on which to serve. Members are expected to participate, support and volunteer at various club activities throughout the year.
- Invite your significant other to attend social events.
- Set a goal to become a chair of a committee, a club director or an officer.
- Plan to attend the Rotary 6450 District Conference (a three-day weekend in May).
- Be an active participating member; inject your enthusiasm and ideas into the club.
- The membership roster is intended for private use of the members of our Rotary club, never duplicate it, distribute it or use it for solicitation purposes.
- Rotary was organized to introduce business people to other business people. It has evolved to support the general business community, but it is not a vehicle to promote an individual's business.